The Just Ironing Company is registered in England and Wales with company number 07302421.
We are committed to protecting and processing personal data in a responsible way.
Any queries regarding this policy should be addressed to Liz Tuffnail at:
The Just Ironing Company Ltd
Washington RH20 4AX
You can also email Liz Tuffnail at email@example.com or call 07514 413184 Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm.
The Just Ironing Company may update this policy as necessary (published here on our website) and we may also send it to our subscribers via an email notification.
This policy was updated in May 2018.
Processing Personal Data
Personal data is controlled and processed by The Just Ironing Company and is based on the following;
- Performance of a Contract – You may have provided your details to us via our website or directly via our email address or on the phone and have asked The Just Ironing Company to provide a quotation and/or to supply a service to you. The Just Ironing Company will then process your data for this purpose, to fulfil our obligation to you as part of our agreement or contract.
- Legitimate Interests – means an interest in conducting and managing our business to enable us to provide an ironing and laundry service. We consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive/negative) and your rights before we process your personal data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
- Consent – You may have provided your explicit consent via our sign-up forms or in person or during a telephone conversation, to receive marketing information/special offers via email, post or by telephone. In line with best practice we will send a double opt-in verification of your email address to you, to click and confirm. You always have the right to refuse to receive direct marketing from us in any medium. The Just Ironing Company will keep an electronic record of when you unsubscribed to demonstrate that we have processed this request. Your email address and name will be held in a password protected data suppression list to show that you have been unsubscribed so that we don’t contact you again in future. You have the option to change how you receive marketing information from us at any time. You can unsubscribe from electronic marketing communications at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the latest email from us, by calling 07514 413184 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Legal obligation – we may have to process your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
We may ask for consent before we send you electronic marketing information about our products/services or news and special offers. We’ll get your consent via our signup form, in person or during a telephone conversation. Where we have sold services to you (as an individual or a partner in a partnership) in the past, current electronic marketing regulations permit us to send you electronic marketing without getting your explicit consent in advance, but you can always opt-out.
Who We Share Information With
Your information may be shared e.g. your name and delivery address, if we are asking a third party (courier or delivery service) to deliver to you – but this is very unlikely.
We may need to share your information with our professional advisers (e.g. solicitors, accountants, auditors, and insurers and with banks, lenders and others) who offer financial services to our business from time to time.
We never sell, lease or distribute personal data with any other third parties unless we have your permission, or the law requires us to.
We don’t have any plans to transfer personal information to outside of the European Union.
How Long Data Is Held On Record
If you have received a service from us, your data will be held securely in our computer systems and hard copy file for at least 5 years.
If you are on our mailing list and are yet to make a purchase from us, we will update our records every 12-24 months and send out a consent reminder to you. You have the option to opt out of any marketing at any time though, regardless of our procedures.
The Type Of Data We Record And Process
We ask for and process very little personal data. The data we ask for is to ensure that we can adequately carry out our role to provide you with;
- A quotation or estimate
- To remind you about a collection/delivery or to book a collection or delivery via telephone call, SMS, email or in person
- The supply of an ironing and laundry service you have requested from us
- Information about our company and any updates to our services
- Information about special offers and promotions or events.
- General news and updates relevant to you
The types of data we process are as follows;
- Your full name
- Your email address
- Your postal/home/work address/invoicing address
- Company name if appropriate
- Contact telephone number(s)
You have the option to change how you receive marketing information from us at any time.
With regard to payments made by credit or debit card, we do not store or record your payment details.
If you are an employee of The Just Ironing Company, someone working with us under a contract for services, a supplier of goods or someone who applies for employment or work with us, we will provide you with specific privacy information [and ask for your consent to use your personal information.] We will also collect the following information on you:
- Identity Data including first name, last name, title, job title, role or similar identifier, and gender, as well as proof of identity and your right to work in the UK.
- Contact Data which may include your address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data to provide pay, benefits and conduct other financial transactions with you.
Failure To Provide Personal Information
Where we need to collect personal information either by law or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested:
- We may not be able to agree, enter in to or perform a contract we have or are trying to enter into with you or a person or organisation associated with you.
- If you are an employee, contractor or applicant for a position with us, we may not be able to consider your application, provide you with pay or benefits, or administer a contract for services or contract of employment with you
To prevent unauthorised or fraudulent disclosure or access to your information we have implemented physical (e.g. locked storage) and electronic (password protected) security safeguards and internal procedures (telephone security checks).
Data Access Request
If you would like a copy of the data we hold, we will provide a copy free of charge in an easily accessible electronic format, within one month of your request.
Before we supply this information to you, we will ask a few questions for security purposes to verify your identity and to prevent any fraudulent requests.
Data Access requests should be sent to Liz Tuffnail via email@example.com or by telephone on 07514 413184 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Your Right To Object And Delete Data
If you do not wish The Just Ironing Company to process your data, you can contact us directly to discuss by calling Liz Tuffnail on 07514 413184 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will do everything we can to work towards a mutually acceptable solution if you wish your data to be deleted. However, certain types of personal data may need to be kept on record by The Just Ironing Company. In some instances, you may continue to receive information from The Just Ironing Company for a short period after changing your preferences, while our systems are updating.
If you would like to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data you can do this by emailing Liz Tuffnail via email@example.com or by telephone on 07514 413184 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Updating Or Changing Your Data
If you would like to change or update your data you can do this by emailing Liz Tuffnail via firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 07514 413184 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm to change any data we hold on our internal databases.
In some instances, you may continue to receive information from The Just Ironing Company for a short period after changing your preferences, while our systems are updating.
Links To Other Websites
Facebook & Instagram
Our chosen email provider is Mailchimp. The Just Ironing Company send marketing emails using this email client. We also use it to collect, store and process personal data and to record/update communication preferences.
Your consent to receive emails from The Just Ironing Company is provided to us when you click the ‘subscribe’ button on our sign-up form. We ask for a double opt-in verification process in line with best practice – this means you will get a subsequent email from us asking you to verify your email address.
Automated Decision Making
We do not use any fully automated decision making process.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computers hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like the number of website visitors and the pages they visit.
Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you other than that which you chose to share with us.
You can control your cookies using your web browser settings, but this may affect how our website functions. For more information about cookies please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Making A Complaint
If you have a complaint to make, in the first instance, please contact Liz Tuffnail at The Just Ironing Company via 07514 413184 Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm or email@example.com and we will do everything we can to resolve any possible issues you may have.
We do hope to be able to successfully manage any queries or complaints that are directed to us, however if you are also able to contact the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) via their helpline on 0303 123 1113 if needed.